Casual position – 1 day per week (Mondays)
Would you like to make a difference to the future of Australia’s natural environment and wildlife? Are you passionate about conservation? If you share our values and vision for a healthy and sustainable environment, this could be the right opportunity for you.
Conservation Volunteers is seeking a self-motivated person to manage and maintain the Understorey Network Nursery.
For success in this role, you will need:
- knowledge and experience of NRM project management and practical conservation activities
- excellent communication skills and experience in the management of teams of volunteers
- prior experience in nursery management and/or native plant propagation
- the ability to maintain strong business relationships as well as seek new funding opportunities
- clear and concise report writing ability and good proficiency with computer based programs
A full Driver’s license is mandatory for all applicants. Senior or Level II First Aid, Defensive Driving certificate and a Working with Children Check are essential to ensure the safety of our volunteers. If the successful candidate does not already possess these qualifications, Conservation Volunteers will assist in gaining them, as well as provide training to Level 3 standard in an OH&S subject.
For further details about the position read the Understorey Network Officer Position Description
Applications Close Date: Sunday 18 August 2019
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Understorey Network Officer position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Apply now