Full Time 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check VIC
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Greening Northern Melbourne
The Green Army team will work to improve the extent, condition and connectivity of vegetation across the electorate of Scullin. The project will attempt to apply a whole of cycle habitat restoration approach that allows Green Army participants the skills and experience of working in the NRM industry. Seasonally appropriate habitat restoration and regeneration techniques will be applied across varied sites providing a diverse skills focused training program. Participants will work with a range of units and service providers at the City of Whittlesea who will act as major and minor/supporting stakeholders to provide the breadth of exposure to a diversity of workplace activities and roles.
Applications Close Date: Thursday 2 November 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.