Full time, 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NSW
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Enhancement of Threatened Species Habitat in Scarborough Park, Monterey
The Green Army team will assist with rehabilitating the habitats of nationally threatened species by undertaking a bush regeneration program. The objectives of this project are to: 1. Protect and enhance biodiversity and ensure healthy and adaptive ecosystems while increasing the area, linkage and condition of native vegetation by undertaking weed removal and revegetation, if appropriate. 2. Protect and conserve the threatened and regionally significant species of the Grey-Headed Flying Fox and the Green and Golden Bell Frog by increasing their habitat. 3. Provide participants with a comprehensive conservation and land management experience. 4. Increase community awareness, participation and engagement in environmental conservation.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 21 August 2016
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Apply now