Full time, 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check – Blue Card
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Making Wongaloo Wonderful
Wetlands are essential to the health of the Great Barrier Reef and provide important links between land, freshwater and marine environments. They also provide feeding and breeding grounds for many marine and migratory species. Changes or losses can lead to a variety of adverse environmental impacts and can have serious adverse implications for the health of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Wongaloo Wetlands encompass a vast area within the Bowling Green Bay Conservation Area. This second stage of the project will support the efforts of private landholders, Conservation Volunteers Australia, Landcare groups and North Queensland Dry Tropics to improve the health of this Ramsar wetland system. These actions will improve the water quality, biodiversity, health and resilience of the Great Barrier Reef.
Application Close Date: Wednesday 8 June 2016
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.