Full time, 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organizational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check QLD – Blue Card
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Habitat Restoration for Threatened Species in the Mid North of South Australia
Native vegetation in the Mid North of SA was quickly cleared following colonisation, to establish one of the Nation’s premium dryland agricultural districts. Collaborative Conservation Action Planning has identified a set of realistic biodiversity management targets that complement primary production and support ecosystem services. The restoration of woodland buffers and linkages for threatened species is considered a priority action for the significant habitat remnant associated with the Clare Valley. In partnership with local community groups, this project builds upon previous work to establish back-up populations of six EPBC listed flora species, and enhance habitat quality and connectivity for a suite of declining woodland birds.
Applications Close Date: Sunday January 31, 2016
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.