Full time, 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia. This project is a residential project, working 3 days a week, 10 hour days, staying at the accommodation facilities at Brookfield Conservation Park.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organizational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check QLD – Blue Card
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Increasing Connectivity & Resilience in the Murray Mallee Region
This project will continue to increase connectivity, resilience and function in the natural grasslands of the SA Murray Mallee. Weed infestations continue to threaten the viability of the remaining native grasslands in the region and are still having a dire effect on the health of the southern hairy-nosed wombat. The Green Army team will work with surrounding landholders to undertake significant weed control. These works, along with targeted pest animal control, will increase habitat quality and extent and reduce wildlife-human conflicts in adjacent pastures.
NEW Application Close Date: Sunday 21 February 2016
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.