Please take the time to read and understand the booking terms and conditions set out below prior to making a booking with Conservation Volunteers. We strongly recommend that you also read any individual program information prior to booking to ensure you understand the activities, itinerary and style of experience that you are undertaking.
By booking with Conservation Volunteers you agree to these Booking Terms and Conditions.
General Conditions of Participation
• I have notified Conservation Volunteers of all relevant medical conditions and pre-existing injuries, and I consent to Conservation Volunteers rendering or authorising such medical treatment as necessary and accept responsibility for all associated expenses
• I am a volunteer and not an employee of Conservation Volunteers
• I will not smoke, consume or store alcohol or illicit drugs in vehicles, offices, accommodation or while working on a project site
• I shall respect the rights, feelings and property of all others associated with the projects
• I shall cooperate to ensure a safe, happy and hygienic team environment
• My placement on all projects is at the discretion of Conservation Volunteers
• I grant full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve Conservation Volunteers aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right for Conservation Volunteers to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications
• I will comply with Conservation Volunteers policies, while also accepting responsibility for my own safety and the safety of my personal belongings.
Furthermore, I will not knowingly or carelessly endanger the safety and welfare of any other participants in Conservation Volunteers activities or endanger the safety of their personal belongings
I understand that failure to comply with any of these conditions may result in Conservation Volunteers requesting me to leave, and that I may also forego all entitlements relating to projects and payments.
Day Volunteering – To volunteer on a daily project, you need to be aged between 7 and 70 (but you need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian if you are under the age of 15).
Overnight Projects – To volunteer on an overnight daily project, you need to be aged between 17 and 70 (or over 18 if you are an international visitor to Australia).
Conservation Experience – New Zealand
This program is open to international volunteers aged from 18 to 70 years of age.
You consent to us using images and video of you taken during the program for advertising and
promotional purposes in any medium we choose. By joining a project or booking with us you grant us
royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable license for images to be used for such purposes.
Any animals mentioned in program information may be native and wild. While it is likely that wildlife will
be seen, Conservation Volunteers cannot guarantee the appearance of many or all of those mentioned.
If these native animals are not seen as planned there are no refunds available.
Some programs involve physical activity and may take place in extreme weather conditions and/or
remote locations. Conservation Volunteers advises that all volunteers must be in good physical and
mental health. Every volunteer must declare any medical conditions or pre-existing injuries, allergies or
any physical condition requiring special attention, diet or treatment in writing when the booking is
made. Conservation Volunteers reserves the right to decline any person as a member of the program or
to particular activities during the program should it be in the best interest of the group or the individual
participant. Conservation Volunteers does not normally supply or administer medications.
Variations to Programs
Conservation Volunteers and the host agencies take all care in the administration of programs and
projects, but no responsibility shall be accepted for any variation to programs due to circumstances
beyond the control of Conservation Volunteers.
Conservation Volunteers reserves the right to vary or cancel the program either prior to or during the
program because of but not limited to those circumstances caused by too few bookings, weather, road
conditions, vehicle breakdown, strikes, Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) travel advisory
warnings, or any other circumstances beyond our control. Conservation Volunteers shall not be liable for
payment or any compensation arising there from. Conservation Volunteers cannot guarantee arrival or
departure times and are not liable for passenger’s failure to connect with other services in the event of
late arrival. Care has been taken to ensure this information is correct at the time of printing.
Authority on a program
Our programs are run by a team leader. The decision of the team leader is final on all matters likely to
affect the safety or well-being of any person participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision
made by a team leader, or interfere with the well-being of the group, the team leader may order you to
leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. You must always comply with the laws, customs,
alcohol and drug regulations of all places visited.
Any personal information that we collect about you may be used for any purpose associated with the
operation of the program or to send you marketing material in relation to our events and special offers.
The information may be disclosed to our partner agencies, agents, service providers or other suppliers
Exclusion of liability
Volunteers should note that travel involves risk. While we try to safeguard our volunteers and their
belongings, Conservation Volunteers is not responsible or liable for any damage, loss, or theft to luggage
or personal belongings, or for personal injury, illness or death, however caused, arising either during or
from the program. Conservation Volunteers is also not liable for any loss or damage due to delay,
cancellation or disruption caused by, but not limited to, laws, regulations, strikes, war, terrorism,
government legislation, acts or failure to act or acts of nature including floods, fires or other natural
disasters. To cover these or any other risks the volunteers should purchase adequate and appropriate
Claims & complaints
If you have a complaint about your program or Conservation Volunteers experience, please inform your
team leader or our local representative at the time so they can attempt to rectify the matter. If
satisfaction is not reached through these means, your complaint should be put in writing via email to
[email protected] and sent within 30 days of the end of the experience. If you have
booked and paid for a Conservation Volunteers program, please read on.
The price of your program includes:
• Accommodation as listed in the program information
• Meals as listed in the program information
• Project-related transport
• Volunteer activity
• Experienced Conservation Team Leader
The price of your program does not include:
• International or internal flights, such as the airfare and travel to commencement point as
detailed in your program information
• Airport transfers, taxes, visas and passport fees
• Meals and beverages other than those specified in the program information
• Travel insurance
• Optional activities and sightseeing and all personal expenses
For all projects that have a cost, payment is due in full before commencement.
Cancellation policy for Conservation Volunteers programs
I understand that cancellation fees could apply upon cancellation of a booking. I agree to comply with
the Conservation Volunteers cancellation policy in case I need to cancel my booking.
In the event of a cancellation by the participant, cancellation is effective from the date we receive
notification, and is subject to cancellation fees as follows:
• Cancellation 30 days prior to start date – no cancellation fee
• Cancellation 29 – 14 days prior to start date – 30% of the cost will be forfeited
• Cancellation within 13 days of the start date – 100% of the cost will be forfeited
• No refund or booking changes are available after starting the Conservation Volunteers
Conservation Volunteers reserves the right to alter programs if necessary. Conservation Volunteers will
do all it can to offer alternative, equally satisfactory arrangements or another solution in such cases.
In the event of a cancellation by Conservation Volunteers
We may cancel a program at any time prior to departure due to natural disasters or other external events
outside the control of Conservation Volunteers or if it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary.
If we cancel a program amounts paid can be applied to an alternative date or refunded in full. We are not
responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as
visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
If you wish to leave prior to the completion of the program you will be responsible for meeting all costs
associated with leaving early.
Luggage should be limited to one medium sized soft bag with a maximum weight of 15kgs and a small
Conservation Volunteers reserves the right to increase quoted program prices in the event of
unforeseen fluctuations in exchange currencies where applicable. Prices and services shown may be
subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Participants already booked onto a program will be
notified in writing of any price increase if required.
Passports and Visas
Participants are responsible for obtaining any necessary passports or visas and costs associated with
these requirements. For international travel passports must be valid for 6 months after arrival.