Destination Conservation Experience Overview
Help protect our beautiful beaches and marine wildlife.
Cooloola is located 250 km north of Brisbane in the stunning Great Sandy National Park. The oceans in this region are home to turtles, dugongs and thousands of fish species while the land boasts endless beaches, remnant rainforests, wetlands and iconic Australian bush that provide habitat for over 7,500 species of plants and animals. In winter months keep an eye on the horizon for Humpback Whales migrating north to their breeding grounds.
Welcome to paradise! We will be helping to protect this magical coastline by collecting and analysing marine debris, removing weeds and preparing iconic padanus trees for biological control to protect them from invasive jamella hoppers.
Join us for this off the beaten track adventure and experience the awe of some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches while making a meaningful contribution to conservation.
- Visit the world-famous Carlo Sand Blow and experience 4WD beach driving
- Walk through magical Gondwanan Rainforest to reach the white sandy shores of Poona Lake
- Protect stunning beaches through debris collection, weed removal and pandanus stripping
- Take in breath-taking ocean views at Double Island Point and explore the lighthouse
- Stargazing, camping and traditional Aussie camp cook ups
- Sunset dinners on the beach and whale watching (seasonal)
- Visit Walkabout Creek Wildlife Centre
Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
Meeting Location: 8.00am, CVA Office at 333 Bennetts Road, Norman Park, Brisbane
Return time: 4 pm Brisbane City
Price: $860 per person
2019 Experience Dates
- Monday 03rd to Friday 07th June – Book Now
- Monday 01st to Friday 05th July – Book Now
- Monday 29th July to Friday 02nd August – Book Now
- Monday 26th to Friday 30th August – Book Now
- Monday 23rd to Friday 27th September – Book Now
- Monday 21st to Friday 25th October – Book Now
- Monday 18th to Friday 22th November – Book Now
Main image courtesy of Tourism and Events Queensland