Destination Conservation Experience Overview
Help protect our beautiful beaches and marine wildlife.
With over 250 kilometres of coastline running from the Gold Coast, past Brisbane to Hervey Bay, South East Queensland has some of the most stunning beaches in Australia, or even the world! From sandy shores and clear blue seas to lush rainforests, the region contains a wide diversity of coastal ecosystems.
Dotted with islands supporting unique wildlife and ecosystems, South East Queensland offers stunning landscapes and dazzling ocean sunrises year-round. Spot iconic wildlife including Humpback whales and sea turtles, experience night time safaris with spotlighting in spectacular forests. Explore the southern skies with nights of stargazing following days of beach walks, cultural exchanges and habitat restoration activities with knowledgeable guides.
Join us in conserving coastal habitats for native animals and migratory birds, while experiencing all this region has to offer.
- Visit the world-famous Carlo Sand Blow and experience 4WD beach driving
- Walk through magical Gondwanan Rainforest to reach the white sandy shores of Poona Lake
- Protect stunning beaches through debris collection, weed removal and pandanus stripping
- Take in breath-taking ocean views at Double Island Point and explore the lighthouse
- Stargazing, camping and traditional Aussie camp cook ups
- Sunset dinners on the beach and whale watching (seasonal)
- Visit Walkabout Creek Wildlife Centre
Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
Meeting Location: 8.00am, CVA Office at 333 Bennetts Road, Norman Park, Brisbane
Return time: 4 pm Brisbane City
Price: $995 per person
2019 Experience Dates
Main image courtesy of Tourism and Events Queensland