Destination Conservation Experience Overview
Help protect and create habitat for threatened koalas.
Woodstock is an ecologically important property boasting several remnant vegetation communities including riparian rainforest, dry sclerophyll and open woodland. Located 60km south of Brisbane in the breathtaking Gold Coast Hinterland, this picturesque property overlooks Albert River and is home to threatened species including koalas, glossy-black cockatoos, platypuses and Richmond birdwing butterflies.
We will be helping to create and protect critical habitat for koalas at Woodstock and volunteers will get an authentic Australian country experience by staying on site in cosy cabins. Join us for this adventure and experience the magic of the Australian bush while making a meaningful contribution to koala conservation.
- Visit Daisy Hill Koala Centre and Lone Pine Sanctuary for koala encounters and to learn about koala ecology and conservation
- Protect and create critical koala habitat through weed removal and tree planting activities
- Night time wildlife walks to find koalas, gliders, possums and glow worms
- Stargazing and traditional Aussie camp cook up
- Explore the stunning Tamborine National Park for lunch and visit the iconic Curtis Falls
- View the rainforest from the treetops by walking the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk
Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
Meeting Location: 8.00am, CVA Office at 333 Bennetts Road, Norman Park, Brisbane
Return time: 4 pm Brisbane City
Price: $995 per person
2019 Experience Dates
- Monday 12th to Friday 16th August – Book Now
- Monday 07th to Friday 11th October – Book Now
- Monday 02nd to Friday 06th December – Book Now