Full Time 5 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NT
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Mala Breeding Facility Project
The Central Australian subspecies of Mala are all descended from 22 animals. The Alice Springs Desert Park (ASDP) currently has 17 animals. To prevent inbreeding, breeding spaces need to be maximised. In addition to the current off display breeding facilities (including the Mala Breeding Pens constructed in 2015 by Green Army), ASDP has a 4.5 hectare site where Mala are held and bred surrounded by a predator proof fence. A major upgrade is needed to existing fencing. In the Mala Recovery Plan ASDP is identified as a major location for public education re Mala. In this enclosure, people gain close proximity to Mala and learn of their plight. New path installation, as part of this project, would maximise access.
Applications Close Date: Tuesday 19 December 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Apply now