Full Time, 12 month contract
As the Volunteer Engagement Officer (VEO) you will be responsible for the promotion and coordination of volunteer engagement within the region, and have full responsibility for leading some practical conservation team based activities. To be successful in this role, you will have several years, demonstrated experience within the volunteer sector combined with skills and experience in leading team activities.
In doing this you will be contributing to the achievement of our Mission Statement: “To attract and manage volunteers to participate in projects which protect or enhance our environment and heritage”.
For success as a Volunteer Engagement Officer, you will need:
- Effective presentation skills in order to create and maintain strategic community involvement networks and recruit volunteers
- Experience in working with community groups
- Ability to maintain statistics, record information and provide reports as required
- Professional phone manner, broad experience in database management and Microsoft office suite
- Organisational and prioritisation skills to ensure the office functions in an ordered but friendly manner
- Knowledge and experience in the application of OHS policies and procedures
- Interest in practical conservation work and the ability to lead projects
Essential Qualifications & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and grammar skills, and ability to deliver Volunteer Information Sessions to potential new volunteers
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- The ability to motivate and inspire people
- Demonstrated capacity for providing good customer service
- Valid Full Drivers Licence (mandatory)
For further details about the position read the Volunteer Engagement Officer position description
Applications Close Date: Sunday 20 August 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the relevant position description) and CV to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.