2 x Full Time 6 month contracts available, commencing in September and October
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ Green Army Supervisors who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check Blue Card
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Mount Cotton Koala Recovery
These projects will undertake the ecological restoration of nominated koala refuges and corridors including Mt Cotton Community Park and surrounding areas, the project will maintain and enhance local ecological values, revegetate, control weeds and pests and enhance the health of waterways in the area and ultimately in the Ramsar listed Moreton Bay wetland. The sites to benefit contain multiple ecological features that are important for local biodiversity, provide significant passive recreation for local community, link to nationally protected areas and provide wildlife corridors for threatened species such as Koalas, Glossy Black Cockatoos and Richmond Birdwing Butterflies.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 3 September 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Apply now