Full Time 3 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NT
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Gouldian Finch habitat and population assessment project
This project will assist in habitat assessment of nesting sites and waterhole monitoring of the largest known breeding population of Gouldian Finches in the northern Territory (occurring in the Yinberrie Hills north of Katherine). The project will undertake site based observation on breeding occupancy and dry season population counts at waterholes at Yinberrie Hills. The Gouldian Finch has had a declining populations at Yinberrie Hills (in 1996 400 birds were counted and the last count in 2013 235 were counted at Yinberrie) as a result of fragmented habitat and landscape management changes specifically fire regimes. Data collected by the Green Army team will contribute to the ongoing management of the Gouldian Finch.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 6 August 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.