Full Time 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NSW
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Western Sydney Project 1 Blaxland – Restoration Mirambeena Park
Mirambeena Regional Park is part of the major conservation corridor that runs along Prospect Creek, a major tributary to the Georges River. The riparian vegetation has become degraded by the growth of exotic weeds and vines. Being a popular walking trail and picnic area, the amenity value and visitor experience is also impacted by this weed invasion. The Green Army team will control exotic weeds, protecting the tree canopies and improving its conservation value and conduct seed collection, planting and vegetation surveys. The labour-intensive work required to control these weeds will give Green Army Project participants experience in a range of methods to control weeds, implement follow-up treatments and other land management practices.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 3 September 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Apply now