Full Time 5 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NT
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Regenerating Native Vegetation to protect threatened species in Darwin
This project is designed to protect and improve habitat and reduce threats to threatened local native fauna, within the greater Darwin area. The project will undertake a range of community engagement, environmental monitoring and on ground activities that focus on protecting the Black-footed Tree-rat, Partridge Pigeon and Northern Quoll. The project will also provide Green Army participants with the ability to gain and improve skills in horticulture and land management activities, community engagement, and flora and fauna surveying techniques, while contributing towards improved habitat quality, protection and restoration of remnant vegetation across the greater Darwin.
Applications Close Date: Wednesday 26 July 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.