Full Time 5 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NSW
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Connecting Riparian & Reserve Koala Habitat and restoring a threatened ecological community
This project will create and restore a strategic habitat corridor throughout 29 hectares of the landscape of the mid Richmond River, which will expand habitat for the Nationally Threatened Koala whilst linking the existing Tucki Tucki Nature Reserve, through an area of Nationally Threatened Lowland Rainforest to an extended Riparian Corridor along the Richmond River. A total of 5.5 hectares of previously cleared native vegetation will be replanted creating 1500 metres of riparian corridor to link existing riparian Koala habitat remnants on the Wilson’s River and 750 m of terrestrial corridor to link riparian habitats with nearby terrestrial Koala habitat remnants. Restoration works across 23.5 hectares will enhance condition of the linked existing habitat.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 2 July 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.