Full Time 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check TAS
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Tamar River Recovery
This project will protect, maintain and enhance local coastal areas and adjacent landscape, with a focus on mitigating threats to, and enhancing habitat for nationally listed threatened species and communities. Projects will include removing weeds and revegetating coastal areas with native species, removing coastal debris, and managing recreational access to protect sensitive coastal values and shorebird habitat. Additional activities will include supporting landholders and community groups in north-eastern Tasmania undertaking works to protect and enhance threatened species habitat, reduce weed threats, and improve water quality to receiving waters.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 25 June 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.