Full Time 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check Blue Card
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Hays Inlet Restoration
Hays Inlet contains a variety of remnant coastal habitats including including estuaries, tidal flats, tributaries, sub-tropical and temperate coastal saltmarsh and mangrove forests and is surrounded by Casuarina, Melaleuca and open eucalyptus forest. This project is a continuation of previous Green Army projects and the aim is to continue to: (1) Restore regional ecosystems through weed control and replanting with local species; (2) Enhance and protect migratory bird habitats; and (3) Restore habitat for nationally-listed threatened species such as the Koala, Eastern Curlew and Australian Painted Snipe.
Applications Close Date: Thursday 29 June 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.