Full Time 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check WA
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
- For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
This Green Army project located in the Ballarat electorate will conduct a range of environmental works to support a number vulnerable and critically endangered EPBC listed species.
Work objectives include:
– Rejuvenate local creeks, rivers and waterways to improve water quality including habitat of the Growling Grass Frog;
– Remove invasive species and revegetate areas to protect and enhance habitat areas of the Powerful Owl, Swift Parrot and other threatened species;
– Protect threatened native vegetation; including the Rocky Chenopod;
– Erosion management control through trail construction and maintenance.
Applications Close Date: Tuesday 25 April 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Apply now