Full Time 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check WA
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Mount Holden Revegetation Project
Mount Holden stands large over the township of Sunbury. An extinct volcano, the site supports limited native vegetation and harbours some weeds, but also presents as an opportunity for creating significant habitat for small woodland birds and animals in an urban growth corridor. This project seeks to create a legacy for the Sunbury Township through targeted weed control and re-establishment of a Plains Grassy Woodland habitat across Mount Holden. The project team will also contribute to expanding the extent and quality of native vegetation along nearby creeks and vegetation corridors.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 9 April 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.