Full Time 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check SA
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Protecting Environmental and Cultural Values in the Mid Murray, SA
This project will continue to engage members of the local Indigenous community to undertake a diverse range of activities aimed at protecting and restoring nationally listed threatened species and Indigenous heritage values. The project will work in close partnership with other local organisations and will provide participants with valuable skills, knowledge, experience and contacts that will assist them to continue managing their traditional lands and waters into the future.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 19 March 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.