Full Time 6 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NSW
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Protecting the Threatened Species of the Richmond River Catchment
This project will continue restoration works undertaken during Stage 1 on six prioritised sites throughout the Richmond River Catchment. The project will focus on restoration works that improve habitat for nationally threatened species such as the Koala and Grey-headed Flying Fox. The project will also improve the quality of nationally threatened vegetation communities, Littoral Rainforest and Coastal Vine Thickets of Eastern Australia and Lowland Rainforest of Subtropical Australia. Restoration works will include; manual and chemical weed control, strategic revegetation and stream bank rehabilitation. These works will reduce weed infestation, stream bank erosion and improve connectivity and habitat availability throughout the catchment.
Applications Close Date: Sunday 26 March 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.