Full Time Casual position for 6 weeks, possibility of a 5 month Full Time contract following
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NSW
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Rehabilitation of Riparian and Coastal Habitats surrounding Tuggerah Lakes
Green Army participants will work cooperatively with Landcare volunteers, focusing on rehabilitation of a coastal reserve and bluff at Jenny Dixon Reserve. This site contains remnants of Littoral Rainforest, Syzygium paniculatum, and holds significant Aboriginal heritage. Follow-up works over eight other locations will improve the condition of the sites so that volunteers can more easily manage them. Project activities will include: site mapping; monitoring; weed control; seed collection; propagation; planting; and water quality monitoring. The Green Army Team will help with erosion control (where required) and control of other human impacts.
Applications Close Date: Monday 13 March 2017
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.