Full time 12 month contract
We are seeking to employ a Volunteer Engagement Officer (VEO) in Brisbane to recruit volunteers for our diverse and exciting range of environmental projects. In doing this you will be contributing to the achievement of our Mission Statement: “To attract and manage volunteers to participate in projects which protect or enhance our environment and heritage”. This role encompasses all aspects of volunteer recruitment and organisation and office administration duties.
For success as a Volunteer Engagement Officer, you will need:
- Effective presentation skills in order to create and maintain strategic community involvement networks and recruit volunteers
- Ability to maintain statistics, record information and provide reports as required
- Professional phone manner, broad experience in database management and Microsoft office suite
- Organisational and prioritisation skills to ensure the office functions in an ordered but friendly manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and grammar skills, and ability to deliver Volunteer Information Sessions to potential new volunteers
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- The ability to motivate and inspire people
- Demonstrated capacity for providing good customer service
- Valid Full Drivers Licence
For further details about the position read the Volunteer Engagement Officer Position Description
Applications Close Date: Sunday 2 October 2016
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.