Casual – 2 days per week (Monday/Tuesday)
Conservation Volunteers is a national, not-for-profit, community based organisation that is dedicated to involving both local and overseas volunteers in conservation projects for the betterment of the Australian environment. Each year approximately 12,000 volunteers (2,500 of whom are from overseas) are engaged on over 2,000 projects.
The Project Officer will support Mackay office staff in the operational organisation, management and delivery of conservation projects in the region. The Project Officer will work closely with the Regional Team to ensure that project and volunteering targets are met, as well as leading teams of volunteers on local projects.
This interesting and varied role will involve:
- Liaising with a wide range of project partners to organise projects and logistics
- Recruiting our highly valued volunteers from the local community
- Leading volunteers on practical conservation projects to achieve on-ground outcomes
- The maintenance of databases and completion of reports and
- appropriate usage of social media to promote programs
Practical skills in conservation and land management are required and could be based on previous employment or personal experience.
For an outline of the tasks and duties as well as experience required for success in the role, please read the Project Officer Position Description
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Application close date: Tuesday 24 May 2016