Full time, 3 month contract
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. Conservation Volunteers is proud to be a provider for this program.
We are seeking to employ a Green Army Supervisor who will be responsible for the safety, welfare, training and supervision of Green Army participants aged 17 – 24, working on conservation projects throughout Australia.
For success as a Green Army Supervisor, you will need:
- knowledge and experience in the application of Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures
- sound knowledge of bush regeneration practices and conservation activities
- excellent people management and training skills
- good organisational skills and the ability to complete simple reports in a timely manner
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job
- A current full Australian Drivers licence
- Defensive driving certificate
- Level 3 Work Health and Safety certificate
- The Working with Children Check NT
- Clearance by Criminal Records Check
For further details about the position read the Green Army Supervisor position description
The Project – Seedlings for Success
The project aims to assist landholders in rehabilitating their properties for nature conservation and to provide suitable habitat for the Black-footed tree-rat, by providing tubestock of key species to kickstart establishment of the native vegetation. The project will also increase the capacity of the Green Army team, Land for Wildlife members and the general public in the areas of native plant identification, seed collection, site preparation techniques and native plant propagation through three 2 day workshops.
Application Close Date: Wednesday 25 May 2016
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the Green Army Supervisor position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.