Full Time, 2 Year Contract
At Conservation Volunteers we believe in offering everyone an opportunity to be involved in managing and caring for Australia’s unique environment and wildlife. Our vision is to inspire change by connecting people with nature.
At our properties in the Wimmera we are embarking on a bold approach to “Rewild the Desert” seeking to once again see wildlife flourishing across the region.
Geoff Handbury, philanthropist, said “Conservation of Australia’s wildlife is critically important with 31% of our mammals either extinct or threatened, we need to act now. Conservation Volunteers is doing exactly that. It’s taking action to bring back from the brink of extinction our wildlife to “Rewild the Desert”. Little Desert Nature Lodge provides the ideal venue to embark on this wildlife recovery effort in partnership with FAUNA Research Alliance and the community.”
The Successful Applicant:
Will be responsible for managing the rewilding program, based at Little Desert Nature Lodge, near Nhill, including;
- coordinating delivery and research
- the reintroduction of wildlife
- building and nurturing a range of partnerships to achieve the program objectives
- managing volunteers to assist in delivery
- growing investment in Rewilding
For success in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or extensive experience
- Wildlife management/animal husbandry expertise and knowledge
- Project management experience
- Exceptional communication skills
For details of the position, please read Rewilding Program Manager Position Description
Applications for this job addressing the Key Selection Criteria (in the position description) and Resume to be submitted via the application form below.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications Close Date: Monday 1 February 2016