About Green Gym
Green Gym programs are fun and free outdoor sessions where you will be guided in practical activities such as planting trees, creating new green spaces or even growing food in community gardens.
Unlike other conservation projects, the emphasis is very much on health and fitness – volunteers warm up and cool down in preparation for a range of light to vigorous activities to suit all abilities.
Green Gym® is an award-winning health and wellbeing program from the UK which was created by our friends, The Conservation Volunteers (TCV). Conservation Volunteers Australia has an exclusive licence from TCV to run Green Gym programs throughout Australia.
Natural exercise for health and wellbeing
Unlike many conventional gyms, taking part in a Green Gym is free and a great social activity too, allowing you to meet new people and work together to transform your local area, while also learning new skills.
- You’ll feel fitter, stronger and healthier through fun and physical activities outdoors
- You can boost your self-esteem and confidence by learning new skills
- You can feel less stressed and more resilient by spending time outside in green spaces
- You can feel more connected to your community and others by volunteering to make a difference
Where health and fitness meets conservation
- You will feel pride in helping to deliver real benefits to your community and the environment.
- You can come along to one or more sessions (morning or afternoon) each week.
- You will be guided by a skilled CVA Team Leader through each session.
Download a Green Gym Participant Fact Sheet.
Green Gym programs are currently available in Newcastle. Click through to view projects and apply.
Green Gym Partnerships
We’re looking for partners who are interested in developing and establishing Green Gyms with us. Potential partners could include councils or shires; governments at all levels; communities; workplaces – even schools. If you’d like to start a discussion, please contact us or freecall 1800 032 501.
Sponsor a Green Gym
Would your organisation like to help the local community by setting up a brand new Green Gym?
Or would you like to support one of our established Green Gyms?
We have a range of flexible corporate sponsorship options for organisations who would like to work with us.
If you would like to learn more about sponsorship options for Green Gym, please contact us or freecall 1800 032 501.