About the Green Army
Would you like to be paid an allowance while gaining skills, training and experience that can help you enter the workforce, improve your career opportunities or further your education and training?
The Green Army is an Australian Government initiative open to young people including Indigenous Australians, school leavers, gap year students, graduates and job seekers who are looking for employment to develop skills, undertake training and gain experience in the delivery of conservation.
Gain practical skills, training and contacts
- You will be trained in first aid and work health and safety before starting a project.
- You have the opportunity to do accredited training to help you prepare for the workforce.
- You can meet people who are as interested in helping the environment as you are.
Help deliver real benefits for the environment
- You will help a nationwide effort to clean up and protect Australia’s environment.
- You will help deliver real benefits for the environment.
- You will be involved in a project for up to 30 hours a week for a period of 20-26 weeks.
Download a Green Army Participant Fact Sheet.
You can apply online for dozens of Green Army projects. Start by looking for projects in your state:
- ACT/New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
If you would like to speak to someone regarding a Green Army project before applying, please contact your local Conservation Volunteers Australia office.
To stay up to date with all of our current Projects across Australia make sure you visit our Facebook Page.
Host a Green Army Project
If you have a project that needs people to make it happen, you can apply to host a Green Army project. We welcome applications from all kinds of organisations including:
- Community organisations
- Landcare groups
- Natural resource management organisations
- Environment groups
- Indigenous organisations
- Local councils
Projects can take place across urban, regional or remote Australia on public land, Indigenous-held lands, or private
land where there is a clear environmental benefit for the community.
If you would like to discuss possible projects Green Army with Conservation Volunteers Australia please complete our Expression of Interest form.